The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is extending the application deadline for potential Public Facilities/Infrastructure projects for FY 2024 (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024) funding consideration. Please note that this is only for Public Facilities/Infrastructure projects, and other program applications will not be accepted at this time.
This extension is allowing applicants to apply until January 31st, 2023. Applications can be found on Rochester’s Community Development Division page under the CDBG Program Application. All applicants will be asked to meet with the Community Development Committee in the month of February to discuss their projects further.
The program aims to assist low and moderate-income residents through funding public services, economic development initiatives, low-income housing rehabilitation, and public facilities projects. The CDBG program is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Previously funded Public Facilities/Infrastructure projects:
- Waypoint NH’s Youth Drop-in Center
- Homeless Center for Strafford County’s New Kitchen,
- Homeless Center for Strafford County-Ductwork
- Rochester Riverwalk Canoe Kayak Launch
- Rochester Child Care Center’s Fire Sprinkler System (Brought up to code)
- East Rochester Library’s Foundation Repair
- Spaulding High School Auditorium chairlift
If you are in doubt about the eligibility of your proposed project, please contact Kiersten Wright at (603) 335-7519 or email@example.com to receive a pre-application eligibility determination. Applications can be found here.