The City of Rochester Riverwalk Committee is conducting a logo contest for high school students to design a logo for the Riverwalk. The contest is open to any high school student who attends Rochester Schools or who lives in Rochester.
Entries will be judged by the City of Rochester Riverwalk Committee. The Committee will award the first-place entry with $100; second place $50, and third place, $25. Logos may be used in all media, including online, print, merchandise, and other forms that promote the Riverwalk.
Official Contest Rules:
- The contest is open to students in grades 9-12 who attend Rochester Schools or who reside in Rochester.
- Artists may submit one entry.
- All submissions must be an original work of the artist and cannot contain any copyrighted or trademarked images (this includes but is not limited to third-party artwork or images, clip art, copyrighted graphic images, etc.).
- By submitting an entry, the artist agrees that the City of Rochester will become the owner of the image, and likeness, and may alter it at their discretion. All intellectual property rights related to the logo are assigned to the City of Rochester.
- Logo designs should be appropriate for a variety of uses including (but not limited to) publications, signs, websites, promotional items, and other printed materials.
- Contestants are encouraged to consider the existing “Choose Rochester” logo (see above) when designing their entry so that the Riverwalk logo complements the existing logo.
- Submission of an entry into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without additional compensation or permission (photos of artists will not be published without prior written parent/guardian consent).
- The decisions of the City of Rochester are final.
- The deadline for entries is Friday, May 20, 2022. Winners will be announced on May 30, 2022.
How to Enter:
- Create a logo for the Riverwalk. Electronic submissions should be a high-resolution (300dpi) file in .eps, .jpg, .png or PDF formats. Print submissions should be on 8 ½” x 11” paper.
Submit entry to:
- By email to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By postal mail (MUST be received by 5/20/22) to City of Rochester, Jennifer Marsh, 31 Wakefield St., Rochester, NH 03867.
- Hand-delivered to City of Rochester, Jennifer Marsh, 33 Wakefield St., Rochester OR to Spaulding High School Graphic Arts or Art Departments.
- The City of Rochester will evaluate all complete entries on the following criteria:
- Relevance-does the entry relate to characteristics of the Riverwalk?
- Originality-does the entry demonstrate creativity, originality, and imagination?
- Aesthetics-is the entry eye-catching and attention-getting? Does it have pleasing visual balance and color? Does it complement the existing Choose Rochester logo?