MVSB (Meredith Village Savings Bank) proudly announces the 2023 recipients of the James D. Sutherland Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded annually to one graduating senior from high schools located in towns and cities where MVSB has a branch office.
This year’s recipients are:
- Emmeline Sevey, of Rochester, attending Brigham Young University
- Ariyana Greene, of Portsmouth, attending University of New Hampshire
- Marcella Hall De Nitto, of Wolfeboro, attending Hamilton College
- Leah Haskins, of Moultonborough, attending Suffolk University
- Tyler Lafond, of Gilford, attending the University of New Hampshire
- Brian Medeiros, of Campton, attending Stonehill College
- Molly Moynihan, of Meredith, attending Southern New Hampshire University
- Madelyn Penfield, of Barnstead, attending New Hampshire Technical Institute
- Galven Rivera, of Laconia, attending the University of New Hampshire
The Sutherland Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of James Sutherland, who served as President and CEO of MVSB from 1982-1996. Scholarship recipients represent the MVSB company values of accountability, mutuality, excellence, respect, integrity, teamwork and stewardship. Students interested in applying for the 2024 scholarship are encouraged to contact their guidance office.
MVSB has been serving the essential banking needs of people, businesses, nonprofits and municipalities for over 150 years. As a mutual savings bank, MVSB has no stock-holders but rather operates for the benefit of its customers, employees and community. Since our founding, one thing has always remained true: caring is at the heart of everything we do. By building and nurturing relationships, we believe that we can cultivate a community where we all thrive. It all starts with caring about our customers and neighbors. To learn more, visit any of the local branch offices located in New Hampshire in Alton, Ashland, Center Harbor, Gilford, Laconia, Melvin Village, Meredith, Moultonborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Rochester or Wolfeboro, call 800.922.6872 or visit mvsb.com.