The Community Development Committee voted to open CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) Applications for projects that relate to Public Facilities/Infrastructure and Housing Rehabilitation projects for FY24 (July 1, 2023- June 30, 2024).
There is roughly $42,504.00 in funds available for projects that pertain to Housing Rehabilitation or Public Facilities/Infrastructure Improvements. There are many types of projects that can be funded using CDBG funds under the Public Facilities/Infrastructure and Housing Rehabilitation subcategory. So long as these projects fall under the National Objectives per HUD, they are eligible to apply. National Objectives can be found here: CDBG Chapter (hud.gov)
These funds have been used for several projects in the past, including:
- Waypoint NH – Youth Drop-In Center
- Homeless Center for Strafford County – Land Acquisition for New Shelter, ductwork, and a new kitchen
- Triangle Club – Electrical System Upgrades
- Rochester Riverwalk – Canoe/Kayak Launch
- Spaulding High School – Handicap- Accessible Elevator Lift
- Rochester Opera House – Chairlift
- City of Rochester – Bike Racks throughout the downtown area
- Community Action Partnership of Strafford County – Weatherization Program (since 2014)
Applications are open starting Wednesday, April 5th, 2023 until Friday, June 4th, 2023.
Applicants will be asked to attend a Community Development Meeting in June to discuss their project with the committee. Applications can be found here, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) (rochesternh.gov). If you have questions on the eligibility of your project or would like to apply for funding, please reach out to Kiersten “Kay” Wright via email at email@example.com or via telephone, at (603) 335-7519.