The City of Rochester will be hosting the Lilac Family Fun Festival and City Fireworks on Saturday, July 9 from 4-9pm at Spaulding High School and the James W. Foley Memorial Community Center.
The event will feature free kiddie carnival rides for young children, games, food trucks, local vendors, family-friendly activities, and live entertainment. The night concludes with the fireworks.
Parking is available at the High School and Community Center, however, the City is encouraging families to take advantage of the free COAST Bus shuttle that will be running from several downtown stops:
- City Hall (Wakefield St.)
- Bank of America (Wakefield St.)
- Temporary stop at the Opera House/Police Department (Columbus Ave.)
Live entertainment will be provided by:
- Strafford Wind Symphony
The Strafford Wind Symphony supports the history and heritage of the American Community Band.
- Whiskey Bent and The Hell Hounds
Specializing in whiskey-soaked sounds of Outlaw Country, Classic Country, Southern Rock, and Classic Rock.
Food and Vendors include:
- Sausage Express
- Sugar Momma’s Maple
- Sprinkles & Smiles
- Grown Point Bows
- Rochester Public Library
- Convention of States
- Strafford County Family Justice Center
- Back on the Rack
- Rochester Historical Society
- Rochester Riverwalk
- New England Mobile Insectarium
- Rochester Democratic Party
- Hillios Novelties
- Check the website for more as they are added.
Organizers would like to remind attendees that no outside fireworks or sparklers are permitted. Additionally, only service pets are allowed on the grounds. Visit www.rochesternh.gov/fun to learn more about this event.