The SEACOAST SAFE Pledge, an initiative of the Seacoast Chamber Alliance, is a voluntary pledge designed for businesses to let their patrons know they are taking the recommended steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
By signing the pledge, businesses are demonstrating their ongoing commitment to the health and safety of the community. More than 170 Seacoast-area businesses have already taken the pledge.
By signing the Pledge the participating businesses voluntarily commit to the following:
- Follow the current State of NH COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines.
- Require employees and customers to wear face coverings indoors and in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. (Following the Governor’s mandate requiring employees and customers to wear masks or face coverings indoors and in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.)
- Arrange public spaces for social distancing consistent with CDC guidelines.
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer in high-traffic locations for employees and customers.
- Implement workplace cleaning and disinfection practices that follow CDC guidelines including regular sanitation of high-touch surfaces.
- Don’t allow employees with COVID-19 symptoms to work on-site.
All participating businesses are listed on the SEACOAST SAFE Business Listing and receive a window cling that will let people know they are a SEACOAST SAFE location.
The SEACOAST SAFE program is a collaborative effort of the Seacoast Chamber Alliance, funded by the NH Department of Business of Economic Affairs. The Seacoast Chamber Alliance represents over 2,500 businesses who are members in one of the six Chambers of Commerce in the Seacoast: Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce, Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce, The Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth, Greater Dover Chamber of Commerce, Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce, and The Falls Chamber of Commerce.
“As your Chambers, we are committed to supporting [businesses], employees, and the communities we serve to ensure the Seacoast remains a vibrant, healthy, and safe place to live, work, and play as we move through economic recovery and beyond,” as stated on the Chamber Alliance website.
Visit www.VisitSeacoastNH.com for more information or to take the pledge.