The City of Rochester and Rochester Recreation Department are thrilled to announce the return of the Lilac Family Fun Festival and Fireworks on Saturday, July 8th, 2023, from 4-9 pm.
The event is a family-friendly celebration that offers free admission to kiddie carnival rides, live music and entertainment, activities and games, food trucks, vendors, and what Mayor Paul Callaghan calls “the best fireworks show in New Hampshire!”
According to Mayor Callaghan, additional funding for the 2023 event allowed organizers to expand several offerings, which included doubling the number of free kiddie carnival rides, adding live music by Whiskey Bent & The Hell Hounds and Brad Marino Band, Sage’s Entertainment Magic Show, Wildlife Encounters, and an enhanced firework show.
“We had such a great time last year and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive,” said Callaghan. “We look forward to welcoming everyone back this year to celebrate our nation’s independence and enjoy fun activities with our children, families, and neighbors.”
Callaghan says Rochester’s reason for celebrating Independence Day on July 8th is to attract more people to the community.
“We don’t want our event to compete with the many other celebrations occurring around the 4th,” said Callaghan. “Our hope is that our event will attract more people to Rochester to see what we have to offer and support our local commerce.”
Parking will be limited on-site. Participants are instructed to utilize street parking and other nearby municipal lots as much as possible. Anyone who is able is encouraged to park downtown and walk to the event. COAST Bus is committed to providing a free shuttle throughout the evening. Details will be updated online.
The Lilac Family Fun Festival and Fireworks will take place at Spaulding High School and the James. W Foley Memorial Community Center, 150 Wakefield Street. To learn more about the event, visit www.rochesternh.gov/fun.
Schedule of Events
- 4:00-9:00 pm: Free Carnival Rides for Little Kids & Fun Family Activities with Rochester Public Library
- 4:00-5:45 pm: Brad Marino Band
- 5:45-6:30 pm: Wildlife Encounters
- 6:30-8:30 pm: Whiskey Bent & the Hell Hounds
- 7:00-7:45 pm: Sage’s Entertainment Magic Show
- 9:00 pm: Fireworks
- Service animals only. No pets allowed.
- No sparklers or novelty fireworks.
- Watch the show from designated viewing areas only.
- No alcohol, smoking, tobacco products vaping, or illicit drugs.
- Anyone under the influence of drugs/alcohol will not be allowed on event grounds.
- Follow the direction of event staff and law enforcement.
- All rides are ‘kiddie’ rides and are intended for young children. Height restrictions will be enforced by ride staff.
- Enjoy the show and be respectful of others around you.
- Brad Marino Band
“From the historic Power Pop canal, American style. With a little ‘rural’ touch, hints of Boogie, a timeless Rock’n’Roll touch ‘, and a sense of songwriting at the top level!” – Voix de Garage Grenoble, Bandcamp.com
- Wildlife Encounters
Wildlife Encounter’s award-winning educational programs have been seen and heard by over 1 million students nationwide.
- Sage’s Entertainment Magic Show
An engaging performance that creates lasting memories through magic, entertainment, and education.
- Whiskey Bent and The Hell Hounds
Specializing in whiskey-soaked sounds of Outlaw Country, Classic Country, Southern Rock, and Classic Rock.
- Flat Iron Catering Company
- Sausage Express
- Kona Ice
- Brother’s Concession Food Trucks
Vendors & Activities
- 1000 Drones for 1000 Girls
- Rochester Conservation Commission
- Convention of States
- Gateway Retirement Solutions
- Girl Scouts of the Green & White Mountains
- Guyer Travel
- Hibbert Enterprises
- Hillios Novelties
- Meredith Village Savings Bank
- Our Creative Imaginings
- Rochester Democratic Party
- Rochester Riverwalk
- Rochester Social Club
- Rochester Regional Republican Committee
- The Family Busyness
- The Woodman Museum
- The United States Navy
- Your Next Move Realty